Nonprofit Insurance in Georgia
Protect your Georgia Nonprofit with the right insurance coverage.
Protecting nonprofits is our passion. Does your organization have nonprofit insurance? Just like businesses protect their assets with insurance, nonprofits should do the same. Per the Council of Nonprofits, over 41,000 nonprofits operated in Georgia as of 2018. Nonprofit organizations are all unique in their operations. While some work to preserve wildlife, others care for the elderly. What if a sudden fire burned down your headquarters? What would happen to the people, animals or environments your nonprofit serves?
What are the benefits of nonprofit insurance? How much does it cost?
Insuring your nonprofit can be overwhelming. Nonprofits often function on a tight budget. This makes getting nonprofit insurance important as a large, unexpected expense can be detrimental. A good nonprofit insurance policy will have the right balance of price and coverage. Talk to your local independent agent to see if your nonprofit should consider getting insurance. The cost will depend on the risks involved in your nonprofit’s specific programming. Strong insurance and risk management plans are important to prepare for and prevent the unexpected. Our agency helps nonprofits in Georgia.
Insurance Solutions for Nonprofits. What types of insurance should a nonprofit get?
There are many types of nonprofit insurance. Keep in mind this is a list of the different types of insurance. Because every nonprofit is different, we can help you determine which coverage best fits your needs.
- General liability insurance protects nonprofits against injury and property damage to third parties. This can include visitors, customers, suppliers or associates. Employees are often covered separately by worker’s compensation. Most nonprofit organizations choose general liability limits with at least a $1 million per occurrence limit. Your nonprofit may determine that it needs ever higher liability insurance limits.
- Property insurance protects your nonprofit’s assets in the event of a fire, disaster or vandalism. These assets can include the building, fixtures, equipment, machinery, furniture, computers, inventory and supplies.
- Auto insurance covers injuries from an accident involving your nonprofit’s staff or volunteers using any car, including their own, for nonprofit activities.
- Product liability insurance protects your nonprofit in the event of a lawsuit claiming your product is unsafe or defective.
- Directors and officers insurance (D&O) protects the members of your board of directors and your officers in the event of a lawsuit alleging fraud or financial mismanagement. Protecting a nonprofit’s leadership is often a priority for most nonprofit organizations. Most nonprofit organizations choose D&O limits with at least a $1 million per occurrence limit.
- Professional liability insurance protects against claims of mismanagement and workplace incidents like discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Workers’ compensation compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury. This coverage is often required by the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation.
Get started today! We write nonprofit insurance in Metro Atlanta and Middle Georgia. We have offices located in Acworth, Georgia as well as Eastman, GA. We can meet your Georgia Nonprofit’s needs.
Contact us for a customized evaluation of your Georgia nonprofit’s insurance needs. We will search for the right coverage to fit your needs and budget so you can keep working to better the community. Thank you for all that your nonprofit does. The Insurance Connection works with top-rated US carriers to find nonprofit insurance coverage for our clients in Georgia.